Case Digest on Republic of the Philippines vs. Court of Appeals (296 SCRA 171) Gross Misconduct
Facts: Petitioner filed a case for recission against the Quetulios and Abadillas alleging that the former sold the land that had already been expropriated. The Quetulios did not file an answer, but at the hearing on the motion for default, co-defendant Hernando was permitted by the judge to appear as counsel for the defendants and file an answer.
Held: Case reinstated. Evidently, when respondent Hernando appeared before the trial court and filed the Answer/Motion to dismiss, he was still under suspension from the practice of law. A suspended lawyer, during his suspension, is certainly prohibited from engaging in the practice of law, and if he does so, he may be disbarred. The reason is that, his continuing to practice the profession during his suspension constitutes a gross misconduct and a willful disregard of the suspension order, which should be obeyed though how erroneous it may be until set aside.
- Case Digest on Corazon T. Reontoy v. Atty. Liberato R. Ibadlit (302 SCRA 604) Negligence of Counsel
- Case Digest on Atty. NapoleonS. Valenzuela v. Judge Reynaldo Bellosillo A.M. No. MTJ-00-1241 January 20, 2000
- Case Digest on Renato S. Ong & Francia N. Ong v. Court of Appeals, Inland Trailways, Inc. & Philtranco Service Enterprise, Inc. (301 SCRA 387) Attorney’s Fees
- Case Digest on Atty. Martin Pantaleon v. Judge Teofilo Guadiz A.M. No. RTJ-00-1525 January 25, 2000 Gross Inefficiency and Duty/Liability over Court Personnel
- Case Digest on Baltazar D. Amion v. Judge Roberto S. Chiongson (301 SCRA 614) Speedy Administration of Justice
- Case Digest on Flaviano B. Cortes v. Judge Felina Bangalan A.M. No. MTJ-97-1129. January 19, 2000 – Judge on Improper Imposition of the Punishment of Contempt
- Case Digest on Villanueva v. People
- Case Digest on Re: Report on the Judicial Audit Conducted in the RTC, Branch 68 of Camilang, Tarlac (305 SCRA 61)
- Case Digest on Development Bank of the Philippines and Asset Privitization Trust v. Court of Appeals and Continental Cement Corporation (302 SCRA 362) Duty to Protect Client’s Interest
- Case Digest on Atty. Prudencio Penticostes v. Prosecutor Diosdado Ibañez (304 SCRA 281) Lawyer Unlawful Conduct
- Case Digest on Alfredo B. Enojas v. Judge Eustaquio Z. Gacott, Jr. A.M. No. RTJ-99-1513. January 19, 2000 Payment of Docket Fees in Election Cases
- Case Digest on Julieta B. Narag vs. Atty. Dominador M. Narag (291 SCRA 451) Gross Immoral Conduct
- Case Digest on Jesus Conducto vs. Judge Iluminado C. Monzon (291 SCRA 619) Gross Ignorance of the Law
- Case Digest on Soliman M. Santos, Jr. v. Atty. Francisco R. Llamas A.C. No. 4749. January 20, 2000 Misrepresentation and Non-payment of IBP Dues
- Case Digest on Carlos B. Creer vs. Judge Concordio Fabillar A.M. No. MTJ-99-1218. August 14, 2000 Conducting Hearings for Probation
Click here to Create your very own lawyer or law student website or WEBSITE or BLOG in 3 easy steps!
CLICK HERE for the latest 2nd Hand Laptops, Mobile Phones, SMART/ GLOBE /TALK 'N TEXT/ TOUCH MOBILE / SUN CELLULAR postpaid, pre-paid and roaming PROMOS, Philippine Airlines (PAL) and Cebu Pacific Airlines Airline AIRFARE DISCOUNT tickets for sale!
Check out our Updated/Latest List of GOVERNMENT JOBS AND OTHER GOVERNMENT VACANT POSITIONS, PRIVATE JOBS, PRIVATE FULL-TIME JOBS, PRIVATE PART-TIME JOBS and OTHER ONLINE JOBS in this link!